Marketing Specialist Job at Galway Technology Centre – Galway, County Galway
My client is the Galway Technology Centre, a social enterprise which was established in 1994 to encourage and support the development of the indigenous technology-based industry in Galway at the time. GTC acquired a reputation for the provision of flexible, high-quality, serviced office space with a range of integrated technologies, facilities and supports.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a creative marketing & communications specialist looking to gain experience in marketing, campaign management, and activation.
Working closely with Senior Managers and other functions of the business, Galway Technology Centre is looking for a solution-focused professional who thinks ‘outside the box’ to help communicate its Brand to the external market, while also taking ownership of the internal communications processes and outputs. We seek someone who is creative by nature, an idea’s person who thrives in a fast-paced working environment, and someone who can build relationships with many stakeholders internally and externally.
- Management of social media accounts and build followers and engagement across all platforms
- Updating and editing the website.
- Responsibility for Email marketing and the creation of quarterly newsletters
- Create and execute marketing campaigns.
- Help Galway Technology Centre source new members directly through innovative advertising, social media and other sources
- Using Canva/adobe/photoshop or similar to create engaging content for social media
- Work across internal teams effectively and efficiently
- Event Management – Support with internal and external company event coordination as needed
- Manage communications regarding latest events and produce related marketing campaigns
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in Communications or Marketing (Essential)
- 1-2 years of marketing experience with demonstrated social media experience, including writing, editing and publishing content for specific audiences
- An in-depth understanding of social media, its various platforms and the intricacies involved in employing them for marketing purposes
- Excellent written and verbal communication capabilities
- Stakeholder relationship management
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite for the role
- High level of proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Mailchimp
- Creative and design experience working in Canva and Photoshop.
- Strong design capabilities with an eye for detail
- Basic videography skills
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Galway, CO. Galway: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location
About the Company
Company: Galway Technology Centre –
Company Location: Galway, County Galway